a life story’s beginning can end all of a sudden, after years of joy and struggle, and its passing may seem sad. but if we always stayed the same, there’d be no beautiful second act.
every glassybaby gets trimmed, on its way out of the hot shop. we always recycle that glass, but now we also have a gorgeous way to reuse it:
each ‘second act’ glassybaby gets its unique beautiful swirl from fragments of 43 other glassybaby colors, including favorites like ‘gratitude,’ ‘express yourself,’ and ‘skinny dip.’ each of these colors behaves differently, in the furnace, and when they’re combined in a ‘second act,’ we discover a beauty that’s seasoned, and yet brand-new.
how it’s made
- each glassybaby is hand-blown in our USA hot shops.
- a team of up to six artisans work in unison to craft each unique glassybaby.
- true color comes from solid glass color rods that produce opaque, translucent, or transparent glasses.
- for allumé glassybaby colors, we use our most advanced glassblowing techniques, with hand-made color bars or a multistep color bar process.
- A personalized gift message that we will write by hand and send with your order.
- A beeswax tea light candle made in Washington.
- An elegant white box with a decorative bow and a circular cutout, which offers a delightful glimpse of the color inside.
- A 2” circle card with the glassybaby's name and poem.
- A glassybaby story card that shares the meaningful significance of the glassybaby.
this glassybaby is a one-of-a-kind work of art, handcrafted in the USA. each glassybaby weighs about one pound and stands approximately 3.5” tall.
making the baby
every glassybaby is born in a dance of heat and light, with a team of skilled glassblowers collaborating with focus and love.
every glassybaby gives
when you give a glassybaby, you give more than beautiful color and light. you give hope and healing, for people, animals, and the planet.